What Did We Cover
- Facillis Client - In launch pad. You can store your work there int the DIC Student server. Also, MOUNT the DIC Teacher server and get information and handouts from the "For You Guys folder".
Please keep the pdf that is in that folder that explains about mechanicals.
Mechanicals in InDesign
- We use inches instead of picas
- Difference between FACING pages and single pages
- Using Crop marks, bleed and margins
- Adjusting tracking and kerning letters (space between letters) and rotating a text box
- Viewing and adding fonts from Dafont.com to an InDesign Document or ANY program
- Getting fonts from Dafont.com and loading them into Fontbook
- Making our first low-res pdf
- Making the POINT SIZE of our type bigger and smaller.
(Size Type ⌘,shift,bracket)
- Printing to the DIC printers
Here's another sample of a
well done background panel
- Adding 2 more designs
- Loading Pantone colors
- Controling type - GONE BAD
- Creating a workspace
- Difference between RBG and CMYK
- What equivical lines occur
- Importing an image
- Printing in B&W for FREE
- Silhouetting an Image SUPER cleanly
- Using the 3 lasso tools
- Path tool
- Different ways to save your file and WHY
What Is Due
Your 8" x 8" pattern black, white and gray scale version that we started in class. Begin a second design that we will finish in class.
We will be using ony 2 colors.
- Must use at least 5 fonts that ARE NOT system fonts. Meaning you must load some fonts
- Stay with just black, white and grayscale for your first page. Begin a second page make that one VERY different from your first page. Use same noun. We'll plug in the pantone colors in clsas.
- Use your Guides, InDesign Grid and stay away from diagonals
- Keep in mind your NEGATIVE space should be as attractive as your POSITIVE space
- Bring in some kind of photo to "cut out" in clsas that have to do with your chosen word. DON"T forget your pantone chips